The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (3MD07) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Geometry Worksheet shown above.
- Find the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths by tiling it, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths.
- Multiply side lengths to find areas of rectangles with whole-number side lengths in the context of solving real world and mathematical problems, and represent whole-number products as rectangular areas in mathematical reasoning.
- Use tiling to show in a concrete case that the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths a and b + c is the sum of a x b and a x c. Use area models to represent the distributive property in mathematical reasoning.
- Recognize area as additive. Find areas of rectilinear figures by decomposing them into non-overlapping rectangles and adding the areas of the non-overlapping parts, applying this technique to solve real world problems.
- Calculating Area by Multiplication
- Drawing Rectangles in Square Inches
- Drawing Rectangles in Square Centimeters
- Calculating in Two Parts (2-page worksheet)
- Area of Compound Shapes (1 of 2)
- Area of Compound Shapes (2 of 2)
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles & Squares
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition
- Introduction To Measuring Area (From Example/Guidance)
- Measuring Area in Square Inches and Centimeters (From Example/Guidance)
- Printable Graph Paper Generator (From Worksheet)
- Grids – Centimeter, Inch, Quarter Inch, Isometric (5-page document) (From Misc)
- Finding Area (Largest/ Smallest) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area by Placing Unit Squares (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area (Making Rectangles) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area by Drawing Unit Squares (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area (Measuring & Drawing Unit Squares) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Inches (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Centimeters (1 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Centimeters (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Worksheet: Calculating Area in Square Centimeters (From Worksheet)