The resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (5NBT03) re: Common Core Standards For Mathematics as the Decimals game shown above.
Read, write, and compare decimals to thousandths.
- Read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form, e.g., 347.392 = 3 x 100 + 4 x 10 + 7 x 1 + 3 x (1/10) + 9 x (1/100) + 2 x (1/1000).
- Compare two decimals to thousandths based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
Place Value Charts
- Comparing Decimals
- For Decimal Numbers
- For Decimal Numbers: Tenths
- For Decimal Numbers: Hundredths
- For Decimal Numbers: Thousandths
Build The Answer Games
- Representing Decimals with Place Value Blocks
- Comparing/ Sequencing Decimals Hundredths and Thousandths
- Comparing & ordering decimals
- Identifying & writing decimals – tenths
- Identifying & writing decimals – hundredths
- Identifying & writing decimals – thousandths
- Thousandths to Decimals e.g. 487/1000 = .487
- Decimals to Fractions (2 of 3) e.g. tenths, hundredths, thousandths, with simplifying
- Decimals to Fractions (3 of 3) e.g. 3.75 = 3 3/4
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Understand the place value system
- Multiplying Decimals by Powers of 10 (From Example/Guidance)
- Lesson on how to round decimals (to nearest whole number, tenth, & hundredth) (From Example/Guidance)
- Place Value Chart: To Quadrillions (From Chart)
- Place Value Chart For Wall Display – Landscape (22 Pages) (From Chart)
- Place Value Chart For Wall Display – Portrait (22 Pages) (From Chart)
- Place Value Chart For Wall Display – A5-size (17 Pages) (From Chart)
- Rounding Decimals Nearest whole unit, tenth, hundredth, and/ or thousandth. (From Worksheet)
- Rounding decimals to the nearest whole number (From Worksheet)
- Rounding decimals to the nearest tenth (From Worksheet)
- Rounding decimals to the nearest hundredth (From Worksheet)
This resource is available for re-use under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. More details and source files here