Grades K-8 Worksheets
Looking for high-quality Math worksheets aligned to Common Core standards for Grades K-8?
Our premium worksheet bundles contain 10 activities and answer key to challenge your students and help them understand each and every topic within their grade level.
Fractions can sometimes cause difficulty, especially when adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing. However, fractions can also provide a boost to confidence since the concept is very relevant to most children (pizza slices for example) and, with practice, these seemingly awkward math operations can be mastered.
Fractions don’t have to be always be learned and practiced using worksheets. Games are an excellent and enjoyable way for your child to learn and practice with fractions.Fractions, Decimals, & PercentagesTarget Equivalent FractionsDecimals and Percentages as FractionsMatch the fraction with the pictureFractions in numbers and in wordsMatching Equivalent Fractions
Fraction Worksheet Generators
There are 4 fraction worksheet generators below. The first provides a limitless number of questions on adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division. The range of denominators can be set (including those indicated in the new Common Core Standards For Mathematics). Common denominators can be set as can the inclusion of mixed numbers. Whole numbers can also be specified so questions such as 4 x 1/3 can be generated.
The second generator provides limitless fractions to be simplified. There are 3 levels of difficulty starting with simple fractions (e.g. 1/3, 3/4) typically suitable as an introduction at 3rd Grade. The third provides conversion between mixed numbers and improper fractions (and vice-versa).
- Fraction Worksheet Generator
- Simplifying Fractions Worksheet Generator
- Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions Generator (and vice-versa)
- Fraction of a Whole Number Generator
The fraction worksheets are listed below:
- Identifying Fractions (1 of 6) - with half, thirds, fourths, and fifths
- Identifying Fractions (2 of 6) - with fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths, and twelfths
- Identifying Fractions (3 of 6) - with twelfths, fifteenths, sixteenths, and twentieths
- Identifying Fractions (4 of 6) - requiring shading for half, thirds, fourths, fifths
- Identifying Fractions (5 of 6) - requiring shading for fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths,twelfths
- Identifying Fractions (6 of 6) - requiring shading for twelfths, fifteenths, sixteenths, twentieths
- Identifying Fractions e.g. What fraction of the box is shaded?
- Shown with Cuisenaire Rods (1 of 2)
- Shown with Cuisenaire Rods (2 of 2) - with simplifying
- Writing Fractions e.g. 2/ 5, two fifths
- Reducing Fractions - Simplest Form e.g. 6/12 = 1/2
- Fractions Greater Than One e.g. Shading Unit Fractions
- Mixed Numbers e.g. 15/4 = 3 3/4
- Mixed Numbers to Fractions e.g. 3 3/4 > 15/4
- Multiplying Fractions e.g. 4/7 x 3/4
- Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers e.g. 3 x 2/5 and includes related word problems
- Multiplying Fractions and Numbers e.g. 4 x 6/7
- Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers e.g. 4 x 3 6/7
- Multiplying Mixed Numbers e.g. 4 2/3 x 5 3/8
- Adding Fractions Graphically
- Adding Fractions (same denominator) e.g. 4/7 + 2/7
- Adding Mixed Numbers (same denominator) e.g. 4 2/9 + 6 5/9
- Equivalent Fractions (1 of 3) e.g. 1/3 = 3/9
- Equivalent Fractions (2 of 3) e.g. 9/3 = 1/3
- Equivalent Fractions (3 of 3)
- Adding Fractions (different denominator) e.g. 2/3 + 1/4
- Adding Fractions - Tenths & Hundredths e.g. 4/10 + 23/100
- Adding Mixed Numbers (different denominator) e.g. 5 1/8 + 6 2/5
- Subtracting Fractions (same denominator) e.g. 4/7 - 2/7
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers (same denominator) e.g. 4 5/9 - 6 2/9
- Subtracting Fractions (different denominator) e.g. 2/3 - 1/4
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers (different denominator) e.g. 6 1/8 - 6 2/5
- Comparing Fractions (1 of 4) - two fractions - includes with fraction bar
- Comparing Fractions (2 of 4) - using common denominators
- Comparing Fractions (3 of 4) - ordering sets of three and four fractions
- Comparing Fractions (4 of 4) - ordering fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Dividing Numbers by Fractions e.g. 12 ÷ 4/5
- Dividing Fractions e.g. 6/7 ÷ 3/4
- Dividing Mixed Numbers e.g. 2 3/4 ÷ 1 2/3
Fractions & Decimals
- Tenths & Hundredths as Decimals on Number Line e.g. 37/100 = 0.37
- Fractions, Decimals, & Percentages (1 of 2) - fill in equivalents chart
- Fractions, Decimals, & Percentages (2 of 2) - fill in equivalents chart
Fraction Charts/ Bars
The fraction bar and charts below will be a useful aid for students. They illustrate the relationship between fractions and a whole unit and give a good representation of proportionality. The chart also include decimal fraction and percent equivalents.
The charts below illustrate fractions using shaded fraction circles and show them written with both numbers and words. Note: The numbers and words can be hidden and the charts used as worksheets.
Decimal to fraction chart
The conversion of fractions to decimals (and back again) is a common task in math. This chart will be a useful reference tool when solving problems.
- Decimal/ Fractions Equivalents Chart e.g. fractions to 1/64
Printing the worksheets, charts and fraction line
These free worksheets and charts can be easily printed by selecting the Print Worksheet or Print Chart options at the top of each document or by using the Print function in your web browser. If you wish an answer sheet then check the Show Answers box and then print another copy.