Drag and drop the algebraic expressions to match up with the equivalent verbal expressions on the left.
In other words: Click and hold the button down while moving the green card showing numbers, variables and operations. Release the button when over the matching card showing words.
Inspired by Barton, M. L., & Heidema, C. (2002). Teaching reading in mathematics (2nd ed.). Aurora, CO: Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning.
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities
- Solving Equations With Addition & Subtraction (From Example/Guidance)
- Solving Equations With Multiplication & Division (From Example/Guidance)
- Inequalities on a Number Line (From Example/Guidance)
- Equations with addition e.g. n + 4 = 11 (From Worksheet)
- Equations with multiplication e.g. 6a = 18 (From Worksheet)
- Equations Worksheet Generator (From Worksheet)
- Inequalities on a Number Line (2 pages) (From Worksheet)