—— Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
|Answer the word problems below. Highlight the important words and numbers. Remember to write you answer in a full sentence.|
|1. Jessie wants to spend no more than ½ of her $400 holiday money on new clothes. What is the maximum amount of money that Jessie can spend on clothes?
Divide $400 by 2
Jessie can spend a maximum of $200.00 on clothes.
|2. Samantha has $80 dollars in savings. She spends ¼ of her money. How much money does she still have saved?
Divide $80 by 4
Samantha still has $60.00 saved.
|3. Sebastian earned $250 dollars from helping his dad at the store. He has plans to spend one fifth of his earnings. How much money does Sebastian plan to spend?
Divide $250 by 5
Sebastian plans on spending $50.00.
|4. Andy has $200 to buy a new TV. ¼ of that money came from his grandmother and he saved the rest. How much money did Andy save?
Divide $200 by 4
$200.00 ÷ 4 = $50.00
Subtract from $200
$200.00 – $50.00 = $150.00
Andy saved $150.00.
—— Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (4MD02) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Word problems Worksheet shown above.
Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Represent measurement quantities using diagrams such as number line diagrams that feature a measurement scale.
Converting Metric Units
- Distance Word Problems Worksheet – Converting between mm, cm, m, & km
- Metric Mass Word Problems Worksheet – Converting between mg, g, & kg
- Converting Metric Units of Measurement – Post-assessment (10 questions)
- Word Problems: Decimals Worksheet – with addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division
- Word Problems: Multi-step
- Word Problems: Money – Post-assessment (8 questions)
- Time Word Problems Worksheet – Elapsed time and converting between minutes and hours
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Areas – Rectangular Shapes (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Surface Areas e.g. of Rectangular Prisms (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (1 of 4): On the quarters (e.g. 2:00 p.m. and 2:45 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (2 of 4): 5 minute intervals (e.g. 5:05 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (3 of 4): On the quarters (e.g. 7:15 a.m. and 9:45 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (4 of 4):5 minute intervals (e.g. 8:55 a.m. and 12:35 p.m.) (From Worksheet)