The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (3MD07) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Measurement Worksheet shown above.
Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
- Find the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths by tiling it, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths.
- Multiply side lengths to find areas of rectangles with whole-number side lengths in the context of solving real world and mathematical problems, and represent whole-number products as rectangular areas in mathematical reasoning.
- Use tiling to show in a concrete case that the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths a and b + c is the sum of a x b and a x c. Use area models to represent the distributive property in mathematical reasoning.
- Recognize area as additive. Find areas of rectilinear figures by decomposing them into non-overlapping rectangles and adding the areas of the non-overlapping parts, applying this technique to solve real world problems.
- Calculating Area by Multiplication
- Drawing Rectangles in Square Inches
- Drawing Rectangles in Square Centimeters
- Area of Compound Shapes (1 of 2)
- Area of Compound Shapes (2 of 2)
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles & Squares
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition
- Introduction To Measuring Area (From Example/Guidance)
- Measuring Area in Square Inches and Centimeters (From Example/Guidance)
- Printable Graph Paper Generator (From Worksheet)
- Grids – Centimeter, Inch, Quarter Inch, Isometric (5-page document) (From Misc)
- Finding Area (Largest/ Smallest) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area by Placing Unit Squares (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area (Making Rectangles) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area by Drawing Unit Squares (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area (Measuring & Drawing Unit Squares) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Inches (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Centimeters (1 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Centimeters (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Worksheet: Calculating Area in Square Centimeters (From Worksheet)