—— Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
Use a ruler to mark 1 centimeter intervals along the sides of the rectangles and then draw lines to make the centimeter squares. Find the number of centimeter squares and write the area.
Area= 12square centimeters
Area= 6square centimeters
Area= 20square units
Area= 18square centimeters
Area= 30square centimeters
Area= 14square centimeters
—— Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (3MD05) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Measurement Worksheet shown above.
Recognize area as an attribute of plane figures and understand concepts of area measurement.
- A square with side length 1 unit, called “a unit square,” is said to have “one square unit” of area, and can be used to measure area.
- A plane figure which can be covered without gaps or overlaps by n unit squares is said to have an area of n square units.
- Grids – Centimeter, Inch, Quarter Inch, Isometric (5-page document)
- Finding Area (Largest/ Smallest)
- Finding Area by Placing Unit Squares
- Finding Area (Making Rectangles)
- Finding Area by Drawing Unit Squares
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition
- How To Calculate The Area of a Rectangle (From Example/Guidance)
- Measuring Area in Square Inches and Centimeters (From Example/Guidance)
- Calculating Area (From Example/Guidance)
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles & Squares (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Inches (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Centimeters (1 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Area in Square Centimeters (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Worksheet: Calculating Area in Square Centimeters (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Area by Multiplication (From Worksheet)
- Drawing Rectangles in Square Inches (From Worksheet)
- Drawing Rectangles in Square Centimeters (From Worksheet)
- Calculating in Two Parts (2-page worksheet) (From Worksheet)
- Area of Compound Shapes (1 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Area of Compound Shapes (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)