—— Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The scaled picture graph below shows how many glasses of lemonade where sold each day at a lemonade stall. View the graph and then answer the questions that follow.
- Did they sell more lemonade on the first two days of the week or on the last two days of the week? They sold more of the first two days.
- If they sold each glass of lemonade for $2, how much money did they take in on Thursday?35 x $2 = $70
- What was the difference in the number of glasses sold between their best and worst days?60 – 20 = 40 (Wednesday and Friday)
—— Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (3MD03) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Measurement Worksheet shown above.
Draw a scaled picture graph and a scaled bar graph to represent a data set with several categories. Solve one- and two-step “how many more” and “how many less” problems using information presented in scaled bar graphs. For example, draw a bar graph in which each square in the bar graph might represent 5 pets.
Bar and Picture Graphs
- Creating Picture Graphs
- Creating Bar Graphs
- Creating Scaled Bar Graphs (1 of 2)
- Creating Scaled Bar Graphs (2 of 2)
- Creating Scaled Picture Graphs (1 of 2)
- Creating Scaled Picture Graphs (2 of 2)
- Interpreting Scaled Bar Graphs (1 of 2)
- Interpreting Scaled Bar Graphs (2 of 2)
- Interpreting Scaled Picture Graphs (1 of 2)
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Represent and interpret data
- Taking Measurements and Creating Line Plots (From Example/Guidance)
- Make Your Own Ruler (From Worksheet)
- Measuring Objects (whole, half, and fourth of inch) (From Worksheet)
- Creating a Line Plot (1 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Creating a Line Plot (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Interpreting Line Plots (From Worksheet)